Thursday, June 30, 2011

LG Optimus V: Frozen Phone Fix

A friend of mine just got an LG Optimus V. It freezes several times in the first week. I felt obliged to help him out as it was I who recommended the phone to him.

I got his frozen phone to diagnose what was the problem. To my surprise, it is the same as the "Total Blank Screen" except the screen was not blank. Everything was showing correctly. Even the clock was ticking. The problem is still the same. None of the buttons, including the power button, work. Judging from that, I believed that the phone was actually good. It is the software that hung the phone.

The phone software must be busy doing something and kept trying after it got no answer. I took out the battery with his permission. (It was a new phone with no personal data on it anyway). Everything was alright after the reboot.

No comments:

Post a Comment