Monday, June 13, 2011

LG Optimus V: Total Blank Screen I The Diagnose

For a long while, I though the "Blank Screen" was just another wolf coming story. Even now I still couldn't believe that I hit jackpot today. This afternoon my LG Optimus V suddenly went completely blank. I did some checking and here is the report.

My first suspect was the battery as I don't have any confidence in its so claimed battery standby time. All bottom menu buttons lit up when pressed and the phone volume buttons still work and produces sounds. This actually proved to me that the phone was operational with enough battery juice.

Next I tried to see if ringtons woke up the screen. So I dialed my cell from another phone. It rang but nothing shown. This concluded that either the backlit was gone or the backlit control apps was malfunction.

The third task I did was to see if I could shut the phone down. I have remembered the tap buttons' location when I usually turn it off. So I pressed the power button and held it long. Then I tapped blindly at the location where the "Power off" should be and tapped at the location where "OK" should be. This didn't work either.

This pretty much exhausts all the tricks I can think of. I'm going to call my phone service provider to see if they could help me out. Please see the Total Blank Screen II.

No comments:

Post a Comment