Sunday, June 19, 2011

LG Optimus V: Total Blank Screen III The Fixes

"Blank Screen" seems not a very small problem anymore. I thougt I was done with this topic after "Total Blank Screen I" and "Total Blank Screen II". But, a friend of my who has the exact same phone as I experienced the "Blank Screen" yesterday. The good news is that it can be easily resolved.

He called me and we had a chat. I went through everything I did and diagnosed. He just took out the battery while the phone was still powered on. I do not like that and do not recommend anyone to do that. He put the battery back in after waited for 5 minutes and powered the phone up. It worked.

So now we know 2 ways to fix your LG Optimus V when it goes to a total blank screen,
1. Let your phone sit there and run out of battery;
2. Take out the battery and put back it back in after wait for 5 minutes.

Personally, I don't like the second choice. I don't know if doing that would damage any hardware of your phone. So the first choice is the safe bet. I also believe that all the manufactures should make sure that the phones they made will work after your phone ran out of battery and started recharging.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. My phone behaved similarly during calls today. This made me consider exchanging it, since I've had it for two weeks. Your post makes me think that exchanging it will accomplish nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I'm glad I helped. However, I suggest you call. Maybe they found some ways to prevent this from happening. I'd like to hear that, too. All the best!

    ReplyDelete