Monday, June 20, 2011

LG Optimus V: Wi-Fi Hot Spot Test

I did not get a chance to test the Wi-Fi hot spot function of the LG Optimus V fully after I got the setup working. At that time, all I did was surfing a couple of pages to see the connection would not drop. The tests were done before I got the "Total Blank Screen" problem. I felt obliged to talk about that first.

We went to a kind of isolated area for a weekend. Everybody got something to do except me. So I got myself a couple hour window to test the Wi-Fi hot spot function of the phone. The area was open and the signal bars were full.

I recorded down the battery level before I began. The setup was easy as I did that before. Everything went smoothly. I surfed to the places I usually go and clicked the links on those pages. Those bloggers should thank me for the extra money they got. :-) Two hours passed pretty fast. I stopped right there and recorded down the battery level at the exact strike.

I got nothing to complain about the whole test. No interrmiten connections, no dropped connections, no delays. Nothing but the battery life. The battery drained from 97% to 23% in such a short time. I don't understand why the big difference between talk time and data time. I also moved around to see the coverage. It covered a circular area with a diameter of about 30 ft. or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment